Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Turkey Taco Meat

ingredients:
1.5 lb ground turkey
1 package fresh mushrooms (sliced and cleaned, if you're lazy like me)
1 or 2 bell peppers, diced
1 white onion, diced
1 tbsp olive oil 1.5 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp paprika
5 tsp lime juice
few dashes of ground red pepper, to taste
pepper to taste
your fave taco fixins

hardware:
large deep pan
cutting board
chef's knife
spatula

procedure:

  1. Heat the olive oil in the pan over medium heat. When hot, add the onions, mushrooms, and peppers. Add 1/2 tsp of salt and the pepper; saute until the onions begin to turn translucent.
  2. Add the turkey to the pan and turn it up to a bit above medium, incorporating it with the vegetables. Add each of your spices to the mixture, including the rest of the salt and the lime juice, and stir well.
  3. Cook until the turkey meat is browned.

comments:
I really love mushrooms a lot, and I'm not the biggest fan of bell peppers. So I make this with one whole package of mushrooms and one green bell pepper. I dice the bell pepper and leave the mushrooms just sliced, because I like their texture. If you aren't on a diet or watching your weight like we are, please make this with beef! I'm sure it would be delicious. As with all of my recipes, please modify it to your taste.

This is SO quick and easy after a long day of work, slicing the vegetables is the most difficult part. I like to make kind of a taco salad out of mine with lettuce, cheese, salsa, sour cream, and guacamole, eaten with tortilla chips. Trevor eats his on a soft taco. It's a very versatile base for a meal, experiment with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment