Saturday, May 17, 2014

Kale with Feta

ingredients:
4 oz crumbled feta cheese
16 oz bag of kale
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp olive oil
1 cup chicken stock
salt and pepper to taste

hardware:
large nonstick pot with lid

procedure:

  1. Measure your chicken stock out, we won't be using it all at once so go ahead and pour it into the measuring cup. Pour a bit into your pot. Turn the burner on medium-low heat and allow the chicken stock to get warm.
  2. Grab some handfuls of kale and place them in the pot until you've got about 1/3 of the bag in the pot. Pour some of the chicken stock over it, 1 tbsp of the apple cider vinegar, and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Stir to coat the kale.
  3. Repeat that 2 more times until all of the kale, vinegar, chicken stock, and olive oil are in the pot. Liberally apply salt and pepper.
  4. Continually stir until the kale starts to reduce in size and becomes a deeper green. You don't want to overcook the kale. It should still have a crunch when you serve it.
  5. Once the kale is sufficiently cooked, drain off the liquid you cooked it in.
  6. Open the package of crumbled feta cheese and pour the whole thing onto a plate. We want small crumbles for this recipe so it will be evenly distributed. Smash the large pieces with a fork. I took a picture to demonstrate:

  7. Pour the feta into the kale and mix well. Put the lid on and heat the kale and feta cheese together 3 - 5 minutes, until everything is warmed, stirring frequently.

comments:
So, I went to this conference at the Marriott Marquis in downtown Atlanta recently. They served excellent food all day long, and I didn't have to pay for it, so I tried EVERYTHING they put out, except some parfaits with strawberries, cause I don't like skrawburries (the little seeds, I can't deal). Anyway, they served this wilted kale with feta cheese one of the days, and it was amazing! I knew I had to make some of my own. This is what I came up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment